All You Need to Know About Sasha Fletcher is This Sentence

12 Aug

And here it is:

In the morning she learns a new way of crying that uses neither sadness nor tears.

See? That’s why poetry or prose (or prose poetry), Sasha Fletcher is one of the best “find-a-new-way-to-say-it” writers I can think of today. In the same category as Shane Jones, Blake Butler, xTx, etc, etc. Newsayers. When you find a new way to say it, I listen. And that’s why I bought Sasha’s gorgeous ripped-up amazing I Ain’t Asked Any Pardon for Anything I Done, from gorgeous ripped-up amazing Greying Ghost press.

And so should you.

Advertisements

6 Responses to “All You Need to Know About Sasha Fletcher is This Sentence”

1. ce. August 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

Oh goodness. I didn’t even know about this. Thanks for vouching this, Amber. I want this for those exact same reasons.

• Amber Sparks August 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm #

Of course! 🙂 And it’s beautiful to look at, too, like every object Greying Ghost puts out.

• Laura Straub August 12, 2011 at 3:11 pm #

It looks as beautiful as it sounds! I can’t wait to get my hands on it/head in it. Thank you for Vouching this Amber.

• Amber Sparks August 12, 2011 at 5:26 pm #

Yay! It’s so good. You’ll be glad you did.

2. xtx August 12, 2011 at 4:19 pm #

“newsayer” I think maybe this is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about my writing. THANKS!

• Amber Sparks August 12, 2011 at 5:25 pm #

🙂 I am super glad you think so. Happy weekend!