Recap: Vouched Presents Winkler, Schaivo, Christman & Davis

19 May

If you weren’t one of the 48 people at Vouched Presents last Sunday, I want you to go to the corner and think about what you’ve done. But, feel free to take along a laptop/iPad/portable-thing-that-allows-you-to-surf-the-web and check out these videos that Nathan Monk shot of the shindig.

After some “uh, um, uh,” from me, Kyle Winkler opened the show with some solid goodness from a longer work about Florida–good words, dialogue of chuckles, “cloisonné”. People who say “behoove” seriously are assholes.

Michael Schaivo stepped up next, read some good work from his chapbooks, sonnets that don’t honor the form, sonnets that explode the ends of Shakespeare’s open &c.

We took an intermission and the buying of books, the drinking of beer, my lips get looser looser, then Jill Christman read an essay published at Barrelhouse about her ass, knew how to work a mic, kept making cute references to her husband Mark, people went aw and guffaw.

The last of the night was Peter Davis, watching these mustache makes me realize I need to “less talk, more rock,” myself, but Davis weighed anchor, calm mustache, even keel, the audience glad they stuck around to the mustache, lafflafflaff, Tina. Skate or mustache.

Thanks again to everyone who came out, to Nathan for helping set up and tear down and sell beer, to Brittany for making and donating cookies, Big Car of course for the gallery, and I’m sure I leave people out, I’m sorry, but I hope you know my gratitude, I hope you know, I hope I see you again in July.

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Recap: Vouched Presents Winkler, Schaivo, Christman & Davis”

1. caleb May 19, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

swag.

2. KW May 20, 2011 at 2:27 am #

Everything about this is sexy.

• ce. May 23, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

You are sexy. I mean. Just look at you.

3. Tyler May 20, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

These readings are againandagain the most fun ones I’ve been to. Nice work, Christopher.

• KW May 22, 2011 at 5:58 pm #

Here, here!

• ce. May 23, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

Thanks, dude!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Vouched Presents: a Night of Book Releases – October 4th! « - September 7, 2011

[…] This is going to be an incredible night of readers, and I know I say that every time, but I hope that makes it no less valuable here: Martone’s quirkiness, Henley’s reality, Neely’s quiet reflections, Christman’s energy and charisma (you remember her from a few readings ago, don’t you?). […]